Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.

Today's lesson:
  • stroking -- more of the same... pushing harder, doing c-cuts across the ends instead of crossovers.  Eeep.  Really fast! Did these in each direction.
  • slaloms -- laps of these in each direction. So tiring!
  • jogging on ice -- OMG this was scary!  Running on the ice (not on toepicks).  I was kind of able to do these when Holly was holding my hands but by myself, just scary.
  • harness -- Holly put the harness on me and had me pull her while she braked.  Ugh!  Hard.
  • back swizzles-tap -- wow.  Doing back swizzles then at the end of each swizzle jumping up and tapping the feet together.  So hard!  And kinda scary.  It got better as it went on but I really struggled with this.
There were more slalom laps in between all this. Eeep.  I was totally wiped out at the end of this but I feel like I am accomplishing something.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home