Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- just a couple to warm up.  They felt pretty good.
  • toe loop -- a bunch of time on these.  They are slowly improving.  I'm still jumping off of two feet but the timing is getting better and I'm usually bringing it around correctly.  We worked a bunch on the wall.  JJ reminded me that I need to keep the upper body turned until I "release the spring" and not before.
  • waltz-toe -- just for grins we worked on the waltz jump -> toe loop combo.  It was actually not scary and the toe loop was about the same.
  • salchow -- just 3 minutes on these.  I actually did one that was good!  I'm not sure why.  The only thing I can recall was that I was really over my L side after the turn and very balanced.
All in all a pretty good lesson. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home