Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Patch Perseverance

I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler for patch practice today.  Normally I can't skate this late but I was able to make it work today.  I chose this session because there was no one else signed up on Skaterice... but alas, besides me there were 2 walkons.  Oh well!  On the positive side I got to skate with Bruce and Katie M., which never happens anymore, so that was nice.  Also the ice was pretty crappy :-(.

I spent about 25 minutes on FO8 and the rest on BO8.  FO8 I feel is in pretty decent shape. BO8... improved a lot.  A lot.  So I'm feeling more confident.  The main issue I'm seeing right now is that my return to center on the LBO is problematic.  I'm having a hard time spotting my center, and also if I turn my head to try to look back at the 3/4 circle it's making me cut the circle in.  So that's an issue.

The ice being so worn made it really hard to see where I was going, and also I really couldn't see my traces hardly at all so I can't really tell how I was doing at tracing.  I expect the answer is "not so great."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home