Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

FO8 & BO8

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  The patch class has been moved to Tuesdays so this is our time slot for now.

With the Sherwood competition only 11 days away we focused on the figures I'm skating for that competition.  I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- Wow.  I had not skated patch in a long time, and my first layout was pretty ukky.  :-(.  They got better from there though.  I think we laid it out 5 times and the last couple were much better, though not, I think, as good as they were before the summer.
  • BO8 -- Yuck.  We did the first few of these on a scribed circle (realism, here).  Yuck.  The first few times my initial push was just lacking, then after that my push to the 2nd circle was poor.  For the last couple we went ahead and laid them out with no scribed circles.  Still pretty poor, but they did improve a lot by the time we were done.  
Only one lesson left before the competition :-(.  I'm looking for times I might be able to find practice ice.  I'm going to have to get creative but I might have some options.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home