Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Taking Stock; Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • taking stock -- we spent some time talking through what I learned from the test and what I want to work on now.  The summary is that I'm going to spend the next few months fixing my jumps with JJ, working on spins and figures with Lynne, and on my own I'll work on maintaining my Bronze Moves and free skate.  I'm also going to try to set up time to work with Holly on power.
  • waltz jumps -- we worked on holding the check on the landing.  JJ says I am tending to bring the right side around to much, so I'm jumping "around" instead of "out".
  • salchow -- we worked just on not over-checking.  I actually did one that was pretty nice although lacking in "jump".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home