Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 06, 2015

Spins & Tuck-Behinds

My lesson with Lynne on the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with stroking and crossovers and then worked a little on 3s and power-3s.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- these were pretty bad.  I just felt off and couldn't get any kind of rhythm for it.  Either I was rushing, or I couldn't get my free side to come around at all.  Yuck.  I think my best was like 1.5 revs.
  • windup -- these were slightly better, actually (though that's not saying much).  Much the same issues.
  • tuck-behinds -- I had wanted to work on these (from the Rhythm Blues) as I couldn't do them at all before and I had worked on them a little bit on my own.  We actually made some good progress!  I was able to do one of them (can't remember which, lol) out on the ice okay; I did 5 or 6.  The other side was okay against the boards but I couldn't get myself to do it away from the boards.  Grrr.  Still, progress, for which I'm really grateful.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home