Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Bronze Moves!

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze Moves as usual.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- Not bad.  I was a little off on the BXO pattern; I hit the red line a little late.
  • power-3s -- okay.  Didn't put my foot down but the BXOs were lacking.  We went back and spent some time working on the BXOs.  I finally got them better by trying to make them like the BXOs I'm doing in the perimeter XOs; this made the BXO better but I'm struggling a little with the step forward.  I need to stand up straighter.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- not too bad. I tended to by up on the toe on the last RBO; I think it's a lack of concentration.  I re-skated and fixed it but I need to watch this.
  • circle-8 -- good.
  • 5-step mohawk -- Not bad.
All in all I still need to work a bit on the power-3s and I'm still a little concerned about them but with a week and a day to go I think it's looking pretty good.  I have a lesson with Lynne on this next week and two with JJ so I still have time to fine-tune.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home