Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Spins, Power-3s, 5-step

My lesson with Lynne on the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler.

I warmed up with the Bronze moves as usual.  It went pretty well, actually.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start spins - 10 minutes on these.  Ugh, they were horrible.  Best was 2 revs.  
  • power-3s -- we worked mostly on doing a better crossover and stepping forward without putting my foot down first.  Some progress, actually.  Trying to bring the BXO around more so that I'm stepping forward perpendicular to the axis and not on a diagonal.
  • 5-step mohawk -- in general these are looking better.  Lynne asked to make the lobes bigger/deeper and I was able to do that.
Bronze moves test in 2 weeks!  Aaaaggghhh! 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger George A said...

    Good luck on your test. How to Cross Chasses differ from the tuck behinds for the RB?

     
  • At 9:50 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    George -- I am not actually clear on this point but I'm hoping I'll find out by time we do the RB. I think for the RB you need to slide your foot out differently than we are doing right now, but I could be wrong on that point. Obviously Naomi knows this stuff (lol!) but I don't. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home