Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Moves & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert. I warmed up with Bronze Moves.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- working to de-scratch these.  JJ pointed out that the scratching actually started with the 2nd step, not just the 3rd.  So I worked on pressing the heel on the 2nd step and then doing the same on the 3rd. We made some progress working it on the circle, then tried it in the move.  Ugh.  A lot harder in the move.  I have to really focus on being more deliberate and not going on autopilot.  Oh well.
  • circle-8 -- wanted to try this on the somewhat crappy ice since Gilbert is where I will be testing.  It was... okay.  Just barely okay.  I really need to push harder at Gilbert since the ice is softer and doesn't flow as well.
  • waltz jump -- we worked on improving the check on the landing and getting more spring.
  • salchow -- I had done a really nice one yesterday, and I managed a pretty good one today too, then some that were not so good.  After that they improved a bit.  Keys seemed to be to relax (lol), hold the LFO a bit and then hold the LBI a bit with a good strong check.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home