Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 07, 2015

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • Perimeter XOs -- working to get a better cross on the FXOs.  If I do them slowly and deliberately I can do a better (not great, but much better) job with some kind of crappy underpush.  I really wish I could get the kind of power other folks get on this move.
  • Circle-8 -- Still working to get a better push and more consistent flow on these.
  • Power-3s -- we just worked the RFO3 side.  JJ had me work a drill to just do them down the line and try to keep the lobes small and come back to the line more perpendicular (not diagonal).  He also had me do another drill to stand on the blue line facing the boards and then without moving my L foot, turn and step with the R foot onto an RFO and do an RFO3.  Yikes.
I'm a little frustrated, but really I just need to keep pushing in a focused way to fix some of these remaining issues -- not just because of the test, though that's important, but also to just improve my skating.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home