Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Lynne was out last week so we are catching up with two figures lessons today.  I got on the session (private ice!) and warmed up with edges, scribed some circles and then went through the Preliminary test.

We spent our whole lesson on the waltz-8.  As I said to Lynne, it's a good thing I'm not 10 (lol) or I wouldn't be able to stand 30 minutes on just one figure.  We made some really good progress on fixing the BO edge and step forward.  I'm doing a much better job of holding the BO edge around long enough, and that is making the step forward a lot easier.  There's still more to be done but I'm really pleased to be making this progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home