Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Crossovers

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

I'm still getting over my injury from last week so I didn't want to work on anything that involved too much twisting :-) so we decided to work on the perimeter crossovers from the Bronze Moves, specifically the issues that I had feedback on in my critique.

Today's lesson:

  • FXOs -- we worked on the weaker side FXOs, trying to get a more convincing crossover with an actual underpush.  Some amount of success, but clearly I need to spend more time on this.  We also worked a bit on holding the extension on the long FI edge in the move.
  • BXOs -- we worked on getting a better cross and more power.  Again, more work needed here.  JJ says these used to be better than they are now... uh oh :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home