Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I warmed up with edges and scribed circles and then it was time to start.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 - pretty good.
  • FI8 - really nice.
  • waltz-8 -- We worked some more on fixing the BO edge tracing to be on the circle.  I had Lynne stand by the 2/3 circle mark (where I should step forward) and dumb as it sounds it really helped me to wait before stepping forward.  The LBO is still tending to be outside the circle and the RBO inside, but we made some good progress on this.  When I actually hold it all the way it's much easier to step forward.  The LFO edge on return to center is still really weak though.
After my lesson I worked a little on serpentines.  Bleah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home