Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spin Progress

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

I warmed up with Bronze moves; they are about where I left them.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- after a bit of frustration I was able to do a much better job of relaxing and holding the entrance edge longer and not forcing things so much.  The result was a number of much better spins, including several that were 3 revs.  Yay!  I was really happy with this.
  • windup -- much the same; really rushing things but eventually I did manage to get myself to slow it down a bit and got a couple of 2 rev spins.  As I reminded myself, it's tempo that counts, and even if I'm moving faster I still need to slow the tempo down.  Progress!
After my lesson I worked on toe loop and salchow for a little bit.

All in all I was really happy with my progress today!  Now if I can just be more consistent it will really help :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home