Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Practice Ice

I arrived in Las Vegas last night, and had my practice ice this morning at 10:45.

It was okay.  Not as crowded as I feared; and while it was busy it was definitely workable. On the negative side I was, for some strange reason, really really nervous for the first 10 minutes or so.  On practice ice!  How weird.  So I had to work through that and then it was okay.

I had a reasonable skate.  I was wearing most of my costume except the lab coat (but including the wig).  I didn't have any props except the sunglasses and I did practice with those quite a bit, both putting them on and skating in them.

They played music in the session and I was about the 4th person in so I got to run it with music after a warmup (I had just gotten over my nerves when it was time to skate).  It went pretty well.  After that I worked mostly on the spin and a little bit on the other elements but really, I know this program so well and I've done it so much I was feeling pretty good.

I got off the session and had plenty of time to eat, watch skating etc. before my event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home