Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Preliminary Test & 3s To Center

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.

I was running a little late so I had just scribed my circles when we started (no warmup, no edges).  Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- a little shaky to start with.  I keep forgetting to work on getting my pushes to be even -- I keep wide-stepping the push onto the left foot.  Grr.
  • FI8 -- a little wonky, but partly because I was trying to fix that wide-step push.  The push was better but it made my LFI a bit weird when usually it's been quite strong.
  • waltz-8 -- same 'ol same 'ol.  Trying to keep my head up, better posture, relax and hold that BO edge around and then turn to step forward.  Grrr.  I have literally been working on these for 5 years.
  • 3s to center -- just 4 minutes on these.  3s are relatively okay but still working to try to get a better BI edge out.  Lynne suggested I go ahead and put my foot down to fix my position so that I could get a feel for how I should really be -- to get into the same position I have for my BI8.  Whoa!  Pretty different so that was educational.  Bleah.
After my lesson I worked on BO8 and BI8 a bit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home