Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Program

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert. It was a bit more crowded than usual, but still pretty workable (6 - 7 skaters and 5ish coaches).

I warmed up by running the Bronze Moves. Since I'd been off the ice (other than figures yesterday) for a week I had low expectations but they were not bad.

For today's lesson, since the sound system was offline we decided to work on some of my program problem points:

  • side toe hop -- after the waltz jump. Actually this wasn't nearly as scary as I feared.  It's fine.
  • lunge -- really, getting straight into the lunge w/no scooter push.  I'm doing it now but I'm having a hard time doing a good lunge in this context, my trailing leg keeps coming around on me.
  • mohawk/cross -- ugh.  I was letting my upper body/arms swing around too much.  JJ got me to check with the arms better and it helped.
  • salchow -- again ugh.  We made a little progress on keeping the entrance straighter and watching the arms.  Part of the reason I am doing a "spin-cow" is I'm bringing my arms in instead of *through*.  We worked on it a bit.
I still need to work on the spiral w/arms and also the FO Mohawk.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home