Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.

I warmed up with edges and scribed my circles and then we started.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 - not bad.
  • FI8 - nice.
  • waltz-8 - We spent the rest of our 20 minutes on these.  The main issues now seem to be... on the L side I'm not holding the exit of the 3 long enough, so the RBO is too long.  On the R side my 3 exit and LBO are better but I am doing a poor job of stepping forward on the circle.   I did manage one that was decent but only that one.  The issue in particular, I think, is still getting myself to stand up straight and then be able to turn my blade under me for the step forward.  Yuck.


After my lesson (it's only 20 minutes) I spent most of the rest of my time on the waltz-8.  I realized that if I attempt to hold the 3 exit longer (on the L side, anyway) that I do have problems curving into the circle.  On the other hand my RBO is then a reasonable length and the step forward is easier.  Bleah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home