Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

5-Step Mohawk & Program

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert. I warmed up with the Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- JJ saw me doing these as he came on the ice so of course he wanted to look at them a little.  They are getting better.  JJ suggested I should work to keep my weight back on the blade on the 2nd step so that I would not be up on the toe so much on the 3rd step. It did help a bit. Hopefully I can remember to do that all the time!  These are actually a lot better thought I still don't like the actual mohawk very much.
  • program -- we spent most of the session working on the free skate.   We got about a third of the way through.  On the one hand it's pretty cringe-inducing to have to watch the video from last year's PCAS.  On the other hand though it felt a lot easier than I think it did last year. I credit all the work on Bronze moves! We added an arm movement going into the RFI spiral.  I need to get JJ to video that as incentive to do a more convincing spiral.  I also need to practice it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home