Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Moves & Salchow

My lesson with JJ on the 6 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Only 2 more 6 a.m. lessons!  Then we can move to a somewhat more reasonable hour..

Today's lesson:
  • Perimeter XOs -- reasonably okay.  BXOs could use some improvement but I think it is more-or-less passable.
  • Power-3s -- LFO3s are almost okay -- BXOs need improvement and I need to place the 3 better.  RFO3s... still need a lot of work.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- not bad, actually.  Need to have better posture/carriage on the BO edge and again, BXOs could be more deliberate w/better cross.
  • circle-8 -- pretty good.
  • 5-step mohawk -- meh.  Not that bad but I slow down a lot.  I tried to push harder into the last one, got a bit too forward on the blade and almost fell.  Bleah.
  • program review -- we spent about 5 minutes going over what we could remember of the free skate (neither one of us looked at it before our lesson, duh).
  • salchow -- we spent some time on these.  We managed to improve the check on the 3 and to hold the exit longer but I'm still waiting too long and there's not much jump in my jump.  It's mostly a timing issue.  Grrr.
All in all a very productive lesson.  We video'd the Moves so I can look at them later (and cringe, I'm sure).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home