Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Power-3s

My lesson with Lynne on the 6:45 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I am not working on figures for the next couple of weeks as there's no Ice CafĂ© and the morning sessions at Ice Den are not as deserted as they would be at other times -- so instead per JJ I am working with Lynne on my Moves, so of course we worked on power-3s.

Lynne had me skate the move for her and then we worked on the R side.  I'm still not getting over my R side very well.  We worked on the BXO and step forward; Lynne had me work to really turn the body into the circle and turn the head to (duh) actually look where I'm going.  We worked on making this more pronounced and deliberate and it actually did help.  I will still need to work on holding the edge longer... but one thing at a time.  All in all we got a lot out of our 20 minutes.

We'll do this again next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home