Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

FO8/FI8, Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  IDC is having an open house this week so the Ice Cafe is free, so there were several new people on the session.  Yay!  Let's hope they stay.

I had a very brief warmup, just time to do forward edges and scribe some circles.  I had my blades sharpened on Saturday so they felt a bit different.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- ugh.  R side was not so great, I had trouble getting over my R side.  L side was fine.
  • FI8  -- pretty good!
  • serpentine -- we had not touched these in some time.  Lynne had me go ahead and push to finish the circle rather than keep stopping all the time.  I'm still not making it the full 1.5 circles on one push (at best it's 1.25, often just 1).  Change of edge is improving though.
After my lesson I worked on 3s to center mostly.  Yuck.  No backwards skating at all today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home