Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I was running late for this session, unfortunately, and didn't get the 30 minutes of warmup I'd planned.  I'd decided to try figures on this session since ordinarily I have it to myself, and that worked out very nicely.

I warmed up with edges and FO8.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- as an experiment, I tried not marking my center for these.  It threw me a little but I was able to pick up on the print from my push-off so it was kind of okay.  The actual figure was not too bad.
  • waltz-8 -- we ran the figure, then worked on the 3s for some time.  Lynne suggested I work harder to keep my hips forward/under me and stand up straighter.  After a while I was able to do a somewhat better job of this; it will take more work though.  
After my lesson I worked on 3s to center and BO8.  I was able to improve the LFO3 but the RFO3 was still pretty rough.  BO8 was pretty rough at first but did improve pretty quickly -- I hadn't done patch in 2 weeks or so so not surprising.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home