Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

3s, Step Forward

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.

I warmed up with edges, then we started our lesson.  We continued working on the elements in the waltz-8.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- we worked these more on the semicircle by the hockey box, then on my scribed circles.  The chief things we worked to fix were to keep the free leg close before, during and after the turn, and to work on keeping the hands/arms down and close and to move them through, not helicoptered.  We took some video so I could see what I'm doing and sure enough it wasn't at all what I thought for the most part.  So we made some progress.  The weakest part now is definitely the check though.  Grrr.
  • step forward -- we finished up with just a couple of minutes on these.  As I expected they are not so bad in isolation -- so the setup I'm getting from the 3 is a large part of the problem.
No lesson next week unfortunately but we'll be back at it in 2 weeks.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home