Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler. We are back to a 20-minute lesson.

During my warmup I ran the Bronze Moves test as I did yesterday.  About the same.  There are two or 3 things that I still need to fix (besides the RFO3 side of power-3s that needs much more work) but I'm really pleased at the progress I've made.

I also quickly ran my Light program and the duet.  Pretty much okay.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- meh.  Not nearly as good as last week :-(.  It took a while just to get the entrance edge to come around as much as last week (we did get there) and then I did get some not-so-great spins.  I'm a little disappointed but not surprised they weren't as good.
  • windup -- not so great either, but a little bit of progress at relaxing more and getting the entrance edge longer and around more.  Mmmph.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home