Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  During my warmup I worked on circle-8 and perimeter crossovers/stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- these are getting better.  We worked more on the R side where I have tended to get "stuck" on the back choctaw to start the new turn.  JJ had me hold the stick (ugh I hate the stick!) to get me to really rotate the body for the turn.  It did help a lot.  We made some good progress though, I think.
  • 5-step mohawk -- these continue to improve though they are darn slow...  JJ pointed out that my RFI mohawk and my LFI mohawk look entirely different... it's true.  I tend to hop the R one but not the left.   I really think I just need a LOT more practice and it will get better though.
All in all not a bad lesson.  JJ really thinks I should get a critique and then test sooner rather than later.  I think he thinks I'm aiming for a higher standard than what's really needed to pass.  He may be right, but I also know that with test nerves I have to be somewhat better than I am now so that I can be nervous and still pass.  We'll see. I do think he's right about the critique though -- maybe after Autumn Antics.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home