Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 10 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I had the day off today so I moved my lesson to today.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter stroking -- this is actually looking a lot better.  JJ reminded me not to do too many BXOs in the end pattern.  I actually managed to run through it more-or-less correctly once without stopping and then we worked a bunch of small issues.  I mostly just need lots more practice so I'll be more confident.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- we worked on getting the RBO to go more diagonal/down ice (the LBO is fine).  I guess the summary on that is that I need to bring the L leg back and hold it, not let it rotate me around so that I curve so much.  I've fixed most of the other stuff on this move and fixing the RBO also fixes the issue of me not coming out to the center enough.
  • 5-step mohawk -- this is actually coming along, finally.  The R side is pretty good (for me), JJ pointed out I need to hold the 4th and (esp.) 5th step longer so that I get all the way back to the long axis.  The L side mohawk itself is kinda sucky but if I remember to keep my head up it's better.
I'm realizing one of the things that I am most missing on this is running the whole test from beginning to end without stopping.  I need to start doing that in my practices.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home