Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Perimeter Crossovers, 5-Step Mohawk

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  We continued working on Bronze Moves.  Before my lesson I ran the circle-8 and it was improved from what it has been, though the RFI needs more work.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter crossovers  -- these are actually improved. I'm feeling more confident about the FXOs although I'm still too slow and need to bend my knees more.  We worked a bunch on the BXOs and especially the end pattern.  Good progress on getting down ice more but they still should be smoother and more powerful.
  • 5-step mohawk -- the R side of these is improved.  The left is still pretty rough.  JJ told me to keep my head up more.. on the L side he specifically told me to look at the top of the hockey glass.  This did help some.  On the positive side I am able to do a whole side of them without feeling like I'm going to die... so that is progress :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home