Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Spins

My spin lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  It's obvious that school is back in session as there were only 3 skaters today.  Yay!

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- after some initial fudging around we made some good progress on getting me to hold the entrance edge longer and get it to curve around more.  This is partly from my work w/Olivia over the weekend, I think, as well as just sheer making myself wait longer.  So that's much better.  Still working on getting myself to bring the free knee in/up and to actually hold that position. Grrr.  
  • windup -- we made some progress on this, too.  Initially I was totally rushing things but I asked Lynne to count when I stepped forward and this external reference was really helpful in getting me to slow down the tempo and let the entrance edge develop. So it ended up about the same as the standing start.  Not bad.
Not sure if I will get to skate tomorrow.  I'm really sleep deprived and I'll be announcing at PNIC this weekend so no sleep then so I might let myself get a little shut-eye.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home