Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

5-Step Mohawk and BXOs->Landing Position

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Good ice and only about 6 skaters.  We continued working on Bronze Moves.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- the good news is that we got me to keep going instead of giving up in disgust.  Besides that, I actually made some progress on fixing my body position on the BO edge on the L side (so, an RBO edge).   The mohawks are pretty horrible though and the pattern's not great either.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- these are about the same.  I was having issues with the RBO curving around too much, when JJ pointed out to me that my arm position is EXACTLY the same between the RBO and the LBO.  That is, I'm facing into the circle on the RBO and out of the circle on the LBO.  Duh.  We tried it once the right way and it was a little better but I didn't do it quite right, and we were out of time.  Oh well.  This is progress!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home