Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Spins

My spins lessons with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Our first lesson in quite a while!

We started with the standing start spins... I hadn't actually lost too much.  After shaking off the cobwebs a bit I was doing a reasonably good job of holding the entrance edge and bringing things together and about 50% of the time I remembered to open my arms up.  Still not doing a good job of bringing the free leg in and standing tall though.

Then we went on to the windup.  Not too bad, all things considered.  I did one that was pretty nice but then (of course) I got all excited and started to rush things, so I had to work on slowing things down and being a bit more deliberate again.

We spent a little time talking about figures and trying to do the figures competition at Sherwood next month.  The deadline to register is 7/25.  I'd like to do something just to keep working on it but of course I've not had a chance to skate patch in a lonnnng time and the Chandler rink is not going to open for a few more weeks.  We decided to see if I could work on patch at Arcadia's evening FS sessions next week -- if so then I should be able to sign up.

In general I'm pretty pleased -- despite all the time off I didn't lose too much.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home