Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Spins

My spin lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start-- this is improving a lot.   I am doing a better job of waiting and holding the edge around.  We also noticed, though, that it seems to work a lot better for me when I have the drawn circle to skate around vs. not -- it seems kinda silly, but there it is.  Still I am being more consistent about getting into the spin and a couple of times I actually managed to hold on and get a couple of revs.
  • windup -- these are about the same as they were.  I'm having a bit of trouble transferring my progress on the standing start to the windup version -- I suspect I'm not bending my knee enough when I step forward and still not waiting quite long enough (though there was a little progress).
It feels like we are making slow but steady progress.  I'm pleased.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home