Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Basics, Still

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • edge dril -- this is slowly getting a little tighter.  I need to spend more time on it even though it's boring :-).
  • crossover drill -- ugh.  just a little time on these.  I really need to get over my mental block on these.
  • half loop drills -- we continued working on these, first the drill standing and jumping, then gliding backward and jumping.  At the end we worked on the actual entrance -- RBO3 (eeek!), RFI3, jump -- on the boards!  Argh.  This is going to take some time, no question.
I really need more ice time... although today was certainly better than yesterday as far as comfort level on the ice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home