Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Keep On Keepin' On

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Just 4 skaters (and 4 coaches!)

Today's lesson:

  • edge drill -- I showed these to JJ.  They are getting a little better; my circle is  a bit tighter than it used to be.  The L side was better than the R.
  • crossover drill -- we spent a good chunk of our time working to uncross after the cross.  Ugh.  I managed to do a couple on the boards that were correct, but none off.  On the positive side, I actually was able to do the cross fairly convincingly off the boards.
  • half loop drill -- an intro to this. It's just standing at the boards on the R skate with the L foot in the air; jump off the toepick and land on the L foot.  Not as easy as it sounds, unfortunately.  Ugh.
  • waltz jump -- finished up with these.  I tried hard to keep my head up and do better prep.  The first one was not so great, and JJ asked me to do one with more speed.  I actually did a pretty decent one though I still dropped my head :-(.
Some progress.... hopefully I can start getting more practice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home