Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

All Spins, All The Time

I had my first spin lesson with Lynne this morning on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I had talked with JJ about my spins and asked him to find me a spin coach as I really think I just need to work with someone else on this, and he suggested Lynne.

We started by working on entering the spin from a standing start.  We worked on holding the entrance edge and keeping the free leg and shoulder back (sound familiar?).  We also spent some time at the boards working to feel how to bring the free leg around and in.  Then back out to work on it some more.

I feel like I did make a little progress.  Entering from the standing start seems to help me slow things down a bit and not rush or force them so much.  I do feel like I'm bending my skating knee more.  Holding the entrance edge longer is still a struggle -- but I didn't particularly expect instant results.

All in all I think it was a good start.  We'll stick with this time slot for now and see how things go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home