Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Edges And Spins

My lesson with Sonya on the morning FS at WSC.

I got to the rink around 7:15 and Sonya finished a lesson with Sierra about 7:45 so she gave me 15 minutes then, and 15 minutes after the 8 a.m. ice cut.  I was on the ice a total of an hour and 15 min.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- more of the same.  I actually made some progress on getting my free leg back on the entrance and also bringing the free leg around... but I cannot quite make myself bring it allll the way in for some reason.  Grrr.  Still I felt we made some good progress.
  • backspin -- we worked on these some more.  It seems like I can either get the arms to open, or get the free leg brought in and snap the hips... but not really both. Grrr.
  • edges -- we spent some time just working on edge drills.  The forward edges were decent but I had a really hard time sitting back on the backward edges, esp. BO -- I tend to be up on my toe (as usual).  It was good to work on these in my FS blades as I usually do this stuff in my patch blades and they are flatter in every sense.
After my lesson I worked some more on spins and enjoyed watching Chloe and Logan working on their new program.  They are a lot of fun to watch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home