Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Waltz-8

I'm in Oregon and had a figures lesson with Kelli on the 6:15 FS at WSC.  It wasn't too crowded and people were pretty tolerant of the old guy working on figures.  Yay!

For today's lesson we worked exclusively (per my request) on the waltz-8.  We focused on holding the exit from the 3 (keeping straight up after the turn) and fixing the body position on the BO edge into the step forward.  Kelli had me really working on keeping the free foot tucked in on the BO edge so that I wouldn't be leaning forward.  We made some good progress on this.  The 3s were a bit better too.  Good progress.

For homegirl sightings, I got to see Madison and also Kris.  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home