Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, March 09, 2014

2014 PCAS Showcase Dramatic

I skated my "100 Years" program this afternoon at PCAS.

My skate was schedule for 1:55, so I started getting ready about 1.  Good thing I didn't wait 'til the last minute as we were running ahead and the ice monitor found me to let me know to be ready.

I was skating against one other man, from the St. Moritz club, skating his first competition.  We got on for warmup... and I was nervous.  Really, really nervous.  And the ice felt very slick and fast.  I really can't explain it, as a) I was find this morning and b) I skated this same program at Mid Winter just 3 weeks ago!  I don't get it.  I warmed up my jumps and spins and they were okay.. practiced the LFI mohawk that always freaks me out in this program and it was just horrible.  Like, scary horrible. Ugh.

I was skating second (yay!) so I came off after the warmup and tried to get my nerves in order, without much success.  Time to skate my program and out I went...  Things started off okay; I made it through that scary mohawk but then had some kind of senior moment or something and didn't do the BXO or brushback so I really couldn't do the waltz jump, and instead... I just stopped.  Tried to make it look intentional and then went on with the program.  The rest of it was mostly okay though the spin was meh and the salchow just so-so.  Finished and skated off.

I got straight 2nds across the board.  I'm not surprised.  I only had one (crummy) jump and one spin, and I'm sure I looked nervous and slow.  Yuck.  This was my last time skating this program (It's my second PCAS with this program) and not the way I wanted to finish it.  Oh well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home