Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Perseverance

I used up my last "old" freestyle sticker at Chandler this morning.  I skated for an hour and had a really good skate!

I spent almost the entire time on the free skate, working on different chunks of the program and running it with music 3 times.  I focused especially on speeding up the first part to try to get the waltz jump to be right on the music cue; after some hard work I did manage to get it realllly close!  I was pretty proud of that.  I really have to push!

I also spent a chunk of time working on the pivot at the end of the program to make myself really do it.  Yikes.  Good progress; the last time I ran it I really did it, so yay me!

There are still a lot of weaknesses in the program, in flow and just in general, but it's come a long way and this practice really helped.

At the very end of the session I ran my dramatic program just since I had not run it since Mid Winter.  It went pretty well.  Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home