Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Polishing

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Just us and Jennifer and Allison.

For today we kept working on the free skate, polishing it up and working it hard.  We ran it twice with music, then worked on some points (salchow -> pivot was very rough) then ran it with music a third time.  Yikes!  this program is really tiring although there aren't that many jumps/spins.

The good news is that I am finishing pretty much on time!  I'm really not sure how that happened since I know that I am behind going into the waltz-mazurka.  I do know that part of the reason is that my spin is more or less not happening so that saves time (ha!).  That said, my footwork is still quite slow and transitions are not smooth.  Grrr.  So lots more to do.  I'm going to work with JJ twice more next week, then we leave for PCAS on Thursday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home