Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mid Winter Warmup 2014 Showcase Dramatic

I skated my "100 Years" program at the 2014 Mid Winter Warmup competition today.

I had practice ice (with Melissa) at 8:15 (how civilized!).  We got to the rink at about 7:45 and checked in, etc.  Practice ice was pretty busy!  I had a good practice, ran through all my elements and ran some program chunks that I was concerned about.

We were scheduled to skate at 9:20.  There was a withdrawal so it was only Melissa and I skating.  I went first (just like yesterday! Grrr).  It went pretty well in general, all my elements came off except for the salchow -- for some reason I didn't land it well and was all two-footed on it.  Yuck.

Melissa went and skated a flawless program (it was really nice!) so I wasn't surprised when the results came back and Melissa won and I got second.  Got our medals and took some pictures.

I spent the rest of the day volunteering -- first I was a music runner, then I did a shift of ice monitoring.  It was fun.

In the afternoon Morry Stillwell -- a judge, and one of the founders of Showcase as a skating form -- stopped me in the lobby and said that he really enjoyed my Light program yesterday.  "That was pure Showcase!" he said.  Wow!  That really made my day.

All in all it was a great competition and I had a great time.  Yay!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home