Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Choreo!

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  This was an additional lesson so we could work on finishing up the choreography for the free skate.

First we reviewed the choreography we have (about 55 seconds).  Then after the spin we added:
  • 2 FXOs curving back toward the middle of the rink
  • a lunge-3 turn (my idea)
  • 2 BXOs in alternate directions
  • Salchow
  • step forward to a RFI pivot
  • backward to a back snowplow stop
  • strike pose
Doesn't seem like 45 seconds worth of stuff but at the speed I'm going right now it is more than that.

So having worked all that out, we ran the whole thing twice.  Yikes!  First, it's definitely a lot to remember right now, and second... I get sooooo far behind it's not even funny.  Eeep.  Still, glad to have everything in place.  Now I need a lot of practice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home