Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Preliminary Test, BO8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club. As usual I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, and then worked through FO8, FI8 and waltz-8 before my lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- a bit wobbly in places.  I'm not sure why -- practice Monday was *much* better.  Just a bit sloppy, and my LFO circle was a bit too large.
  • FI8 -- surprisingly, a little weak also.  Normally this is my best figure.  A bit sloppy mostly. Grrr!
  • waltz-8 -- actually the L side was not that bad.  I slowed it down and the step forward was on the circle more (not cut in) and actually not too far out!  On the R side I really struggled to not put my foot down :-(.  Lynne says that should be my primary goal right now in practicing these.
  • BO8 -- Urgh.  The R side was not that bad but the L side I was really struggling with -- not standing up straight, then going flat on the last part of the circle.  Yuck.
  • 3s to center -- the 3s are really improving.  I have better flow through them.  I'm still really weak on holding the BI edge after though.
All in all... lots of work to do.

I told Lynne no lesson this Friday as we'd originally planned, and no lesson next week -- between my work trip and getting ready for MidWinter, I have very little time and I really need to practice my programs for MidWinter.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home