Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Preliminary Test, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  For some reason we were on the South Pole today.  Ice was freshly surfaced and really nice, but session was a bit crowded (something like 12 or 13 skaters including 2 ice dancers).  I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, and did the Preliminary figures.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test -- FO8 okay although I had some issues with the L foot.  My pushes are still not lining up very well although I did make some correction/improvement after the first.  FI8 was just okay -- I am widestepping the push on to the LFI a bit. Waltz-8 we spent more time on.  I fixed my tracing of the (scribed) circle so it was not so bad.  The 3s were pretty nice, but the step forward was lacking (though the edge is a bit better).
  • serpentines -- a bit better.  Pushes were a bit stronger by my edge quality after the change of edge was lacking -- I was a bit forward on my blade and lost too much momentum.  Grr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home