Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Unfortunately there was an issue and we had a very short lesson.  Before that I worked a bunch on spins, salchow, and running the little bit of the new program that we have done.

Today's lesson was just spins.  I was very frustrated that I keep dropping my R shoulder when I step in to the spin and JJ had me really work to keep the R side up.  I actually was able to do this!  That was very encouraging.  I was still having issues with bringing the free leg around too quickly and we made some progress on that but not much.

Next week we will have two lessons so hopefully we can get the new program well in hand.  I'm also meeting with the costumer on Monday to get moving on getting something figured out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home