Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Preliminary Test, BO8, Serpentine

I had my figures lesson with Lynne on the Gilbert coffee club.  We rescheduled due to the holiday.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test -- as usual lately, we ran through FO8, FI8 and waltz-8, staggering the layouts.  FO8 was mostly okay.  FI8 okay although I still need to work on evening-up my pushes so they are the same on each side.  Waltz-8, about the same... bleah.
  • BO8 -- pretty good, really.  The first RBO was a bit slow and not as well controlled as I'd like but after that they were pretty good.  Still need to watch the LBO that I don't cut in on the return to center though.
  • serpentines -- ugh.  Didn't get around at all and my changes of edge were a bit diagonal :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home