Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Test Runthrough, BO8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club. 

I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, then ran through the Preliminary test, all as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test runthrough -- Lynne thought it might be helpful to run through the figures (skipping edges) as they would be done on the test, i.e., 3 separate layouts that are staggered.  So I used my scribed circles for the FO8, which was really pretty good.  FI8 was also pretty good, though again I really have to watch that LFI sometimes. Waltz-8... still pretty ugly.  I do better when I slow things down. Bleah!
  • BO8 -- the first one was kinda rough, but then I restarted and did some really nice ones.  That really helped my mood!
  • serpentines -- ugh.  Not as nice as they have been, didn't make it around the 1.5 circles even once.  Lynne says I need to really focus on pushing harder.  So... I guess I will!
A good lesson.  I'm still very frustrated with the waltz-8.  I talked with JJ about it this a.m. and he really thinks that a large part of my problem is that I need to work on my turnout and core strength, i.e. , off-ice.  He's probably right, and that is a couple more reasons I really need to get my butt in gear on that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home