Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Toe Loop, Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- we worked a bunch on this, and actually made some progress.  First, some wall exercises and then out on the ice.  I think my main takeaway was not to rush, and to just let the feet come together.  That said it's really a step and not a jump right now.  Lots to do but some good work.
  • spins -- agggh!  I keep dropping my right side when I go into the spin.  It's very frustrating.  Or, in trying to lift the free hip I drop the right side OR straighten the skating knee too early. Grrr.  Lots to do here.
We did not start choreo on the free skate.  I'm concerned. I will probably have to have additional lessons in January to get through all this.  Not happy :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home