Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  As usual, I did edges, scribed circles, and started on the Preliminary test, however I'd only finished FI8 when Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- these were really good!
  • BO8 -- these were not so good, though they did get better.  Really, the first RBO is what I'm struggling with right now, trying to hold that position for the first half and get a good push in.  Subsequent BOs were really pretty good, actually.
  • waltz-8 -- About the same. We spent more time just working on the step forward again.  Nothing really new here. :-(
  • BI8 -- okay, despite my constant whining (or whinging, if you're British :-) ) these have actually improved somewhat.  I am getting around (more-or-less) the full RBI even though it's a full size circle now.  The LBI still needs more control but it's better also.  Still a ways to go on these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home