Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice today.  By my notes, I had not skated patch since 10/22.  Eeep!

It was a bit rough at first...I went through pretty much all I know how to do, which would be:
  • edges -- ok
  • FO8 -- had issues with rotation but fixed them
  • FI8 -- good
  • waltz-8 -- ugh
  • BO8 -- these were absolutely HORRIBLE. I worked 'em for some time but was always cutting the RBO circle in, and that's usually the best side! grr.
  • BI8 -- these were surprisingly good!
  • 3s to center -- not too bad, actually
  • serpentines -- I actually got around the first 1.5 circles a couple times on each foot!  Not sure where that came from but was really pleased. 
All in all it was a lot better than I was expecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home